Please join Grand Hotel’s Master Sommelier, Elizabeth Schweitzer, and a celebrated winery for this special wine tasting and hotel package: the Summer Wine Appreciation Weekend at Grand Hotel.
The weekend will begin with a Welcome Reception, followed by dinner in the Main Dining Room. On Saturday, enjoy breakfast in the Main Dining Room followed by morning and early afternoon themed wine seminars.
Later that evening, enjoy a special private dinner followed by musical entertainment in the Terrace Room, or gather with friends in the Cupola Bar.
This package usually sells out, make your reservation soon!
This years featured winery for our Summer Wine Appreciation weekend is Jordan Winery. Jordan Winery has been family owned and operated since 1972. Based in Healdsburg California, their wines are European inspired, highlighting the fruit flavors in wine, they achieve elegance and balance in each bottle. Follow Jordan Winery on Facebook and Instagram for more exciting news!
Maggie Kruse, Winemaker for Jordan Winery
Maggie Kruse will be hosting this years Summer Wine Appreciation Weekend. She has been working with Jordan Winery since 2006, starting as an enologist and moving up to winemaker. Maggie now oversees all day to day management including inspecting barrels, blending, selecting bottles and corks, and much more! Read more about Maggie here.
Elizabeth Schweitzer, Master Sommelier at Grand Hotel
The eighth woman Sommelier in the world, Elizabeth enjoys sharing her vast knowledge every season with our guests during this special themed weekend. You can also find her in our Main Dining Room helping you choose the perfect wine during your meal every evening.
Additionally, Grand Hotel’s Salle à Manger was recently awarded an Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator for the third consecutive year. It recognizes Grand Hotel’s well-chosen assortment of quality producers and list of choices that will satisfy discerning wine lovers
Arrive Wednesday, June 23 • Depart Sunday, June 27, 2021
- Rates starting at $2,256.00 per couple; $2,106.00 single
Length or Stay Requirements and Pricing Details:
- This package has a length of stay requirement of 4 nights.
- Regular package rates apply the nights of June 25 and June 26.
- You must include 2 nights outside of the regular package dates (listed above). Choose 2 nights from the following dates of June 23, 24, 27 and/or 28 for $329 per night for the first 2 adults. $149 per person for additional guests. Regular children rates apply. The additional nights include breakfast and dinner.
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- All resort amenities
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Themed wine tastings
- Special dinner event on Saturday evening (Saturday dinner is for adults only)
- Complimentary admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
This wine tasting and hotel package is available online or by calling 1-800-334-7263.
More Events From Grand HotelAdditional Events From Grand Hotel >>>>