You’re invited to Grand Hotel’s 9th Annual History Weekend with a unique look into the story behind the wood structure built in 1887 as Grand Hotel celebrates its 130th Anniversary in 2017. Bob Tagatz, Grand Hotel’s Resident Historian and Concierge will take you on a fascinating journey through the history of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. Mr. Tagatz, named Historic Hotels of America 2014 Historian of the Year, is a natural story teller who will intrigue you with information about the hotel’s 130 year history and how the island and the hotel came to be what they are today.
All guests will enjoy evening receptions and a full breakfast and five-course dinner daily as well as the legendary Grand Luncheon Buffet on Saturday afternoon.
Fall is a great time of year to experience the solitude of Mackinac Island and Grand Hotel. We hope to see you for this special event.
Stay additional nights Thursday, September 14 and/or Sunday, September 17 for $229* per room, per night.
Make your reservation online or call 1-800-334-7263 for availability.
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening Welcome Reception
- Saturday morning Grand Hotel History Lecture by Grand Hotel Historian
- Saturday Grand Luncheon Buffet
- Saturday evening reception
- Free admission to Fort Mackinac
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
Subject to Michigan 6% sales tax, 2% Mackinac Island assessment and a $8.50 per person baggage handling charge. *Dates subject to availability. Additional adult and children’s rates apply.
Arrive: Friday, September 15, 2017
Depart: Sunday, September 17, 2017
$1,025 per couple, $925 single
$1,399 per couple, $1,299 single
More Events From Grand HotelAdditional Events From Grand Hotel >>>>